Thurrock Fairness Commission is an independent body set up to:
· examine inequalities in Thurrock
· make Thurrock a fairer place to live
It will do this by:
· listening to the views and opinions of local people
· promoting good work that takes place in Thurrock
· making recommendations for public service strategies
· encouraging closer working between organisations
The commission looks at real local issues, including income, education, work, health, housing, families, community and safety.
It meets at least 7 times over a year, chaired by an independent member of the community, and reports progress to the council’s Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee. Commission members are representatives from the public, private, voluntary and community sectors.